Radioplayer for Alexa
Just say: "Alexa, open Radioplayer"
Smart speakers are very popular and radio is one of the absolute most used features. But sometimes it can be hard to find the right station, or maybe you just wish it was a little bit smarter.
Let's say you want your smart speaker to tell you which song your station is playing, give you a recommendation for a local station or just help you find the right regional version of your favourite station... That is why we have launched the new "Radioplayer for Alexa". Here you can easily find your favourite stations in great quality, just as you do with Radioplayer on other devices.
Depending on which country you are in, you will find a local version of Radioplayer, speaking your language and offering the stations you expect to hear where you live. The language and content in Radioplayer for Alexa will depend on the settings in your Alexa account.
The new Radioplayer for Alexa is currently available in Italy, Belgium and Norway. More countries will follow soon.
Alexa, open Radioplayer
To activate Radioplayer for Alexa, search for "Radioplayer" under Skills and Games in your Alexa app or just ask Alexa to "Open Radioplayer".
The first time you use Radioplayer for Alexa you will need to accept some terms to make sure we can offer you the most user friendly radio experience, but please be assured, we gather no personal information to identify you.
Next time you use Radioplayer for Alexa you can ask for a station directly, just say "Alexa, ask Radioplayer to play Radio X (the name of the station you want to hear)". If you usually listen to the same station, you can just say "Alexa, open Radioplayer", and Radioplayer will resume playing your last played station.
Main features and commands
Here are the most popular commands you can use with Radioplayer for Alexa:
- Ask Radioplayer to play Radio X (the name of the station you want to hear)
- Ask Radioplayer, what is playing? (Radioplayer will let you know the station's name, song, artist or programme you’re are listening to, depending on what the current station tells us)
- Ask Radioplayer to play a recommended station
- Ask Radioplayer to play a local station
- Ask Radioplayer to play a trending station
- Ask Radioplayer to play a random station
- Ask Radioplayer to play my most played station
- Ask Radioplayer to play my last played station
- Ask Radioplayer for help
- Why is Radioplayer for Alexa asking for my location / post code?
To give you better recommendations Radioplayer will ask for permission to access the location of your device. To enable location permissions, visit the Radioplayer skill in the Alexa app. Under Settings you can give the skill access to your post code.
- How can I delete my data from Radioplayer for Alexa?
- Say "Alexa, Ask Radioplayer to "delete my data"
- Radioplayer will then ask you to confirm. Answer with “Yes”. Remember that this can not be undone.